Sunday, December 11, 2011

Filling The Void...

Owning a business is difficult. Of course, there are added benefits of being your own "boss", for example; I come to work in sweat pants, take my lunch break whenever I feel faint, clock in at any point during the morning or night, I have complete control of anything and everything and most importantly...I have the final say. Ok...now the negatives (I wish someone would have told me); I work for everyone else, I have to keep my home exceptionally clean (even when I don't feel like doing dishes), I don't have a set schedule...I either work or I don't (it's hard to plan accordingly when you don't know what you're doing) and finally...I'm covered in batter & buttercream (horrible...I know ;). With all of that being said...I love what I do...

When I'm bored (and yes...it does happen) I fill the void with new pastries...this time I made Teeny Pear Tartletts. I began by caramelizing pears with cinnamon and sugar and baked them in teeny hand made phyllo shells and topped them with a cream cheese frosting. I have an obsession with teeny things...teeny cupcakes and bite size whoopies...teeny things are cute and dainty...and teeny enough to eat all at once. These pear tartletts were splendid...but not perfect yet...once they are...I'll be adding them to the ever growing Wild Cupcake menu...

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious!!! I will be your guinea pig at any time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! you crack me up like always :) and that looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete