Sunday, December 18, 2011

Hot Wheels...Leadin The Way...

I find cake decorating to be a daunting task. I have issues with perfection and the way things "should" look & when I look at this picture all I see are the imperfections...

Let me list them for you:
  • the little black & white balls aren't perfectly symmetrical
  • the cake was leaning...literally
  • I have water spots you can visibly see (that's how I make my fondant stick to fondant)
  • I free handed everything...so nothing is perfectly straight
  • my icing wasn't even underneat...so my fondant was a bit "wavy"
  • my hot wheels signature blue was a bit off
Some of you may think I'm being a bit hard on myself...seeing as how I've only done 2 cakes...but to me...I'm making myself better...improving each day...cakes aren't my passion (if you're looking for an amazing cake...check out http://www.newberncakes.com/ and you can be guaranteed a beautiful and delicious cake). My passion is the marriage of flavors...that's why cupcakes make the most sense...I get to experiment with flavor combinations and make them look beautiful at the same time...I did this Hot Wheels cake as a favor to a friend...she entrusted me with her son's 5th birthday cake...that's why I'm blogging about it...this cake was a fluke...

I'm a bit of a "Wild Card"...get it?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my this is the ugliest cake I've ever seen ;). LOL just kidding. This cake is awesome and you should be proud. I know I am of you. Keep working hard you will be like Duff one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what the hell you're talking about. That cake is super cute. Connor saw it and said "I want that for Christmas!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched you on FN Cupcake Wars and obviously did a fantastic job! :) Congratulations!! This cake is super cute! You shouldn't worry about those little imperfections with the cake, you made it & will see them. Everyone else, not so much! :)

    ReplyDelete