Sunday, December 18, 2011

Santa Baby...

At the farmer's market I am approached by many people expressing their delight in regards to my cupcakes. They comment on their seemingly delicate nature and my attention to detail. Some of these individuals become clients that entrust their special occassions to my skilled (yet at times hesitant) hands to accompany them to birthday parties, graduation ceremonies, dinners, nurse's appreciation days, luncheons and community functions. About a month ago I met a woman by the name of Ruth who had inquired about ordering cupcakes for the annual Greenbrier Christmas party. She had stopped by my booth at the market and had commented on how wonderful cupcakes would be at their party...they add a little extra flair and convenience to any party...deciding which flavors would be the most difficult. If you've ever cooked for anyone then you know just how hard it is to please people...and who wants to be displeased at a Christmas party...Ruth most definitely didn't want to be responsible for any disappointment in the flavor department. She decided that the flavors should be red velvet (because it's a classic), white chocolate peppermint (a wintery classic) and cranberry (because it's classy). I was left with the responsbility of making Christmas themed cupcakes for a super nice woman and an entire Crhistmas party...yes...I was nervous. After many hours of baking, creating and beating myself up (you see...I'm my own worst critic...nothing is ever good enough until it's perfect) I delivered the cupcakes to the Greenbrier Country Club and I hesitantly loaded the beautiful white cupcake tier with my hand made creations...
Here's a secret...I am anxious until I have spoken with or heard from a client in regards to an order...I want to know what you think...was it dry, tasty, perfect, amazing, horrible? Did you love it, hate it, think it was "ok"? My goal is not to be "pretty good"...it's to be the best at what I do...I'm slowly building my empire...one cupcake at a time...Thanks, Ruth...you rock... 

No comments:

Post a Comment